Thursday, March 1, 2012

Making a Wish...

I didn't have a birthday cake. And, I wasn't even sad about it. Especially because my birthday began with this...
Oooooh, gelato. Gimme somma that.
Let's be honest...I tried almost every flavor before deciding on my combination. It's my birthday -- I can do that, right? Hazelnut and chocolate hazelnut was my pick...and what a pick it was!
Clearly, I wasn't the only one who benefitted from this excursion...
...which all began because we had to pick up a rental car. Yes, a rental car! Never knew I could be so excited about the prospect of a car, that we get to drive wherever we want...but when you've been rocking the Costa Rican public bus system in the ways that we have, I was pretty pumped about this whole rental car thing. More on that later...
So we had to go to the next town over to pick up our car (and yes, we rode the public bus to get there...such locals we are.) And the next town over just happens to have some Italians who decided to open a gelato shop. Happy birthday to me!



The enthusiasm captured in the above photographs is almost a little embarrassing...but I've always said that you should enjoy the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment