Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Thin Places.

My friend Eden (whose birthday is today! Woop Woop.) sent me this article...and I just love it.


It is so descriptive of the glory of travel, and so aptly describes my love for exploring. Our travels have been full of 'thin places', and for that I simply couldn't be anymore thankful.

"I’m drawn to places that beguile and inspire, sedate and stir, places where, for a few blissful moments I loosen my death grip on life, and can breathe again." 


Oh, yes.


Granada, Nicaragua is most definitely a 'thin place'...and one that I'm so excited to share with you...tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. my godmother always talks about the thin places, in hushed and sacred whispers, swooping her hands together like a bird's landing reflected on a pond.

    there's something to them~ i think they also thin out the spaces between people. and photos are such a beautiful way to thin the world.

    thanks for sharing, ballard!

    ReplyDelete