Thursday, October 6, 2011

If Only...

I'm trying to learn Spanish. Really trying. Julia brought a series of 12 tapes that are helping me along...each tape is a story about a fellow named Peter Wilson. Oh, Peter Wilson. I think he's a drug dealer...he goes to visit strangers in Guadelahara, Mexico and takes them packages. Hmmm...

I've been told that it's helpful to really immerse yourself in the language, listening to it being spoken as often as possible...thus I've also resorted to watching Costa Rican talk shows...and sometimes I can actually catch a word or two of what they're saying. Seeing Dr. Phil being referred to as "Doctora Phillipe" is kinda awesome.

But alas, my progress is slow. If you have any recommendations, hit me with 'em...

After explaining this to my dear friend Eden today, she sent me the following clip. I couldn't help but be jealous of these fella.



When Julia first saw this commercial, she said, "That will be you! After you finish the 12 tape series!" She is so optimistic...and frankly, would probably would be great at selling things on infomercials based on this enthusiasm...

If listening to 13 hours worth of Spanish tapes would result in me being able to speak fluently about buying chips at a gas station, I'm there. Until that occurs, I'll keep hanging out with Peter Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment